So here it is almost 6 months since my last post and I am just now starting to get on track with my eating habits. On Mon. I went to Katherine's birthday party and there was cake and ice cream (homemade) and I nearly made myself sick I ate so much with dinner and dessert. That night I decided that it had to stop. I need to get in control of my life and to start that I need to get in control of my eating habits.
Spencer started with me and now we have been on the South Beach Diet (again) for 3 days. It is actually going fairly well. Yesterday went great. I didn't have one thought about giving up. Today I feel like it is just part of my life style again. It's interesting how it automatically feels so much better to eat like this. My stomach doesn't hurt because I've eaten too much chocolate or too much dinner. It does hurt because I'm a little hungry but I think I'd rather feel that than be miserably full and feeling guilty about it all day. This is going to be great.
I got up and went walking/running this morning. It felt so good. It helped that the weather was beautiful. Really crisp and almost cold. I wished that I had a sweatshirt until I started running. I decided to listen to Hilary Weeks newest CD. On the mission I would work out to her songs every morning and it made the day so much better. This morning was so great because of that. It give me to desire to keep going when I wanted to stop running. My legs are so sore that I don't even want to walk, but that it a good feeling. That's the way it's supposed to be. It makes me feel like I did when volleyball would start up again. I like the feeling of accomplishment.
I've decided that the reward for keeping on track is going to be an overnight ski vacation with just Spencer and I for his birthday. I wanted to do that anyway, but now I have incentive to do it and keep him going with me. I could hardly fit into my ski pants last year. That's going to be different this year.
I'm honestly so excited to be doing this again. I love the way I've felt the last 3 days. I feel like I've got the motivation and I'm in control. The food isn't controlling me anymore.
WAY TO GO ME!!!! KEEP IT UP!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! PARK CITY SKIING FEB. 27, 2009
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment